XL Academy - Develop practical skills to grow your business and attract investments
Once you are a part of L’Afrique Excelle, we will guide you through an in-depth analysis of your startup’s health. This will help you and your mentors identify your needs and tackle critical issues to grow your business.
Afrique Excelle Curriculum
We will teach you all you need to know about operating a startup and increasing your ability to attract investors. Each module includes an introductory video, a series of accompanying worksheets and a list of recommended additional reading. These modules are available to you at your convenience.
Maximize your learning by speaking with some of the best entrepreneurs and investors from Africa, Europe and North America. Our bespoke live webinars will be interactive and informal.
L’Afrique Excelle has partnered with experienced entrepreneurs and investors to give our entrepreneurs real world advice on what it takes to close significant funding, land a company-making corporate partnership, or scale a business from early traction to market leadership. Our prominent guest speakers will include investors and entrepreneurs who have scaled businesses and invested in successful companies in Africa.
Afrique Excelle Online Academy
L’Afrique Excelle program includes nine intensive training modules, called XL Academy, designed to complement mentorship. As with the entire program, these modules are created to help companies looking to raise post-seed capital in order to scale. The advanced content is brief and action oriented: what are the most important things you need to focus on to accelerate funding, corporate partnerships and growth?
All modules will be available in video format that you can watch at any time, plus brief PDFs that include worksheets such as a due diligence checklist and a risk reduction framework. All modules conclude with specific questions to discuss with mentors.
WHY INVEST YOUR TIME?
- Learn the subtleties of communicating with investors and navigating the challenging process of fundraising, from experienced investors
- Understand how to graduate from the Lean Canvas framework to scaling your business frameworks
- Address the next set of questions and issues that follow initial product delivery and early traction in your first market
With The Goals Of…
- Focusing discussions with your mentors on the most important issues and get most advanced advice
- Preparing for professional discussions with investors throughout the program but especially during the France residency
- Maximizing your chances of success in the long and often frustrating processes of fundraising, corporate partnership and scaling
- Building on your initial success and breaking out of the pack.