MEET MENTORS & PEERS, MAKE CONNECTIONS AND PITCH TO INVESTORS
20 companies will be selected to participate in a one-week all-expenses-paid residency in Mali at Tubaniso Agribusiness and Innovation Center (Bamako). At the Mali residency, a final selection of 10 companies will be made to proceed with the rest of the program and participate in one-week all-expenses-paid residency in Paris, France.
Both residencies will give you the opportunity to meet with experts and other L’Afrique Excelle startups. You will build knowledge through workshops and face-to-face mentoring. You will expand your network by connecting with investors, business experts and peer entrepreneurs at networking meetings. Finally, you will have the opportunity to practice your pitch skills prior to the final Venture Showcase at Afrobytes and VivaTech 2019 in France.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE RESIDENCY
- Receive advice from other entrepreneurs who have built successful companies
- Strengthen your company’s growth plan
- Receive assistance in fine-tuning your propositions for investors, customers and corporations
- Practice your pitch and presentation skills
- Network with investors and mentors
- Make lifelong international connections with other L’Afrique Excelle participants
VENTURE SHOWCASE DAY
You will pitch your startup to a large audience of investors, corporates, ecosystem stakeholders and media at Afrobytes on May 15 at Station F, Paris and at VivaTech Paris on May 16-17 2019 . This is an incredible opportunity to get noticed, make new contacts that can further help you expand your network and the visibility of your company. This is also a fantastic opportunity to secure investment.
After the Venture Show Case event, you will continue to receive mentoring support for 4,5 months to support your growth strategy and secure Series A funding.